[AWIPS #YVG-502538]: HELP: AWIPS CAVE - Model Data does not load

>Ohhhh! No wonder I could not load the GFS 0.25 / GFS20 products.
>
>I am able to load the GFS 1.0 products, thank you!
>
>How do I change units? Is it possible? For example the precipitation related
>forecast data are in inches but i want it to be in mm.
>
>Thanks so much for your help.

There is a way to do this, however it is not recommended because if we
(Unidata) make changes to the styleRules, your local file won't be updated and
you won't see them.

Here is how you can change to mm for gridded images:

-Open up the localization perspective
(http://unidata.github.io/awips2/cave/localization-perspective/#localization-editor)
-Navigate to D2D --> Style Rules --> gridImageryStyleRules.xml
-Expand the options under gridImageryStyleRules.xml
-Right click on "base" and copy to user
-Double click on the User, this will open the file for editing
-You may need to click on "Source" to see the code (in the bottom right)

-Look for this section (around line 1186) and you can change the display units
to "mm". You are most likely going to want to change the maxValue and minValue
to reflect mm numbers as well as update the colorbar labeling values.

    <styleRule>
        <paramLevelMatches>
            <parameter>tpHPCndfd</parameter>
            <parameter>TP</parameter>
            <parameter>TP6hr</parameter>
            <parameter>TP120hr</parameter>
            <parameter>TP168hr</parameter>
            <parameter>CP</parameter>
            <parameter>St-Pr</parameter>
            <parameter>TP1hr</parameter>
            <parameter>TP3hr</parameter>
            <parameter>TP6hr</parameter>
            <parameter>SPAcc</parameter>
            <parameter>TP-GFS</parameter>
            <parameter>CP-GFS</parameter>
        </paramLevelMatches>
        <imageStyle>
            <!-- filterLow="true" -->
            <displayUnits>in</displayUnits>
            <range scale="LOG">
                <minValue>0.005</minValue>
                <maxValue>12</maxValue>
            </range>
            <defaultColormap>Radar/UPC One Hour Precip</defaultColormap>
            <colorbarLabeling>
                <values>0.01 0.03 0.1 0.3 1 3 10</values>
            </colorbarLabeling>
        </imageStyle>
    </styleRule>

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: YVG-502538
Department: Support AWIPS