[AWIPS #IAW-499703]: CAVE Support

>Thank you for sending me the update! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get
>the derived data to work. I tried a couple of times to make sure I hadn't
>skipped a step (which I may still have).
>
>I didn't have any issues installing the 2019 Build Tools. My downloads
>matched yours as far as I can tell.
>

>It might not mean anything since I installed numpy and jep differently than
>before, but they both installed much quicker than my previous attempt a few
>weeks ago. However, the end data provided in the prompt was similar to what
>was on the YouTube install video. I hope my description makes sense. . .

Did you install numpy and jep using the Visual Studio Launcher or the Windows
command prompt? And did you install them with two separate "pip install"
commands? Unfortunately, the video is now out of date and we are in the process
of recording a new one. However we have updated our online documentation with
the new steps
(http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/#method-2-direct-windows-install).

>I did check and gridslice.pyd is in the minicoda3 DLLs directory.
>
>Please let me know if I can provide any additional information and thanks
>again for reaching back out.

Did you uninstall CAVE and miniconda before re-installing numpy and jep?

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive: https://forms.gle/tKG5SY9YJw4vBRVXA

Ticket ID: IAW-499703
Department: Support AWIPS