[AWIPS #KDH-311456]: AWIPS II Not Plotting Winds

Hello,

As I mentioned Microsoft changed their Visual Studio Build Tools files. We
finally found the new install process that works and will be updating our
documentation to reflect this soon, but in the mean time these are the new
instructions:

-Remove from your Apps and features: AWIPS CAVE, Miniconda3, and Microsoft
Visual C++ Build Tools
-Remove caveData folder from your user's home directory
-Reinstall Miniconda3
-Download the 2019 Build Tools (I used version 16.9)
https://my.visualstudio.com/Downloads?q=build%20tools%202019&pgroup=
-Start installing it - select the "C++ Build tools" and on the right make sure
that both the MSVC v142 - VS 2019 AND MSVC v140 - VS2015 are selected (there
are a few more packages that are checked by default and those are fine) - see
attachment
-Verify your environment variables are still correct
-Once installed click the "Launch" button from the Visual Studio Installer
-In two separate commands, first install numpy
pip install numpy==1.15.1
-Then install jep
pip install jep==3.8.2
-Then install CAVE and you *shouldn't* have any issues displaying derived
parameters

Let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive: https://forms.gle/tKG5SY9YJw4vBRVXA

Ticket ID: KDH-311456
Department: Support AWIPS