[AWIPS #RMY-403031]: Products not offered in Public AWIPS dristrubution

>What products are currently not available to the public in distributions of
>CAVE AWIPS? For example, regarding GOES imagery I'm only able to access a
>few RGB products but am curious if items such as Day Cloud Phase, Nighttime
>Microphysics, and GEOColor imagery would be possible to obtain in Unidatas
>AWIPS. Are those products simply not offered or are they withheld?

Hi,

I can't really explicitly list all of the products we don't have vs what the
NWS has because it is continually changing. However we are working on updating
CAVE and EDEX for a new release. The new release will have completely updated
GOES menu with the new derived products and RGB products. I've attached a
preview of the new RGB menus.

If you're not part of our awips2-users mailing list, please add yourself to
that. You
can do so at this webpage:
And we will notify this list of our new release as soon as it happens as well
as via a blog post.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive: https://forms.gle/tKG5SY9YJw4vBRVXA

Ticket ID: RMY-403031
Department: Support AWIPS