[AWIPS #CXN-854188]: Missing shared library

>We are having an issue with AWIPS2 in RHEL 7 Linux.
>When we start cave, it quits after a few seconds.
>Can you assist ?

>Here are the details....

>System:
>RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.9
>Dell 7525 Server with 48 CPU Cores, 125 Gb RAM.
>Nvidia RTX 6000 GPU with Nvidia drivers, version 396.37
>Local Storage - Raid 5, 1.4 Tb disk space

>On internal enterprise network protected by firewalls.
>Ports 443 (HTTPS) and 80 (HTTP) have been opened on network firewall
>Zscaler certificate installed to allow outbound SSL traffic.

>Software:
>Running cave as normal unprivileged user. Cave begins.
>The initial GUI is rendered, then quits after a few seconds.
>The maps never show.

>Ran cave with no redirect (cave -noredirect).
>Displays this error message:
>Processing World request: 0
>Processing Canada request: 1
>Processing State Boundaries request: 2
>Completed Canada request: 1
>[xcb] Too much data requested from _XRead
>[xcb] This is most likely caused by a broken X extension library
>[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
>java: xcb_io.c:742: _XRead: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_too_much_data_requested'
>failed.

>Running cave with GFE perspective (cave -perspective GFE) gives same error.
>Maps never show.

Hi,
Are you remotely accessing the machine you are running CAVE on or physically
sitting on the machine looking at the screen? Where are you seeing those errors
- in the terminal? Are you running CAVE as the user awips (as it was created
from the awips_install.sh script)? What is your output when running a "rpm -qa
| grep xcb"?

These are the xcb rpms versions that I have installed and currently working (on
centos7):
libxcb-devel-1.13-1.el7.x86_64
xcb-util-image-0.4.0-2.el7.x86_64
xcb-util-0.4.0-2.el7.x86_64
xcb-util-renderutil-0.3.9-3.el7.x86_64
xcb-util-keysyms-0.4.0-1.el7.x86_64
xcb-util-wm-0.4.1-5.el7.x86_64
libxcb-1.13-1.el7.x86_64

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive: https://forms.gle/tKG5SY9YJw4vBRVXA

Ticket ID: CXN-854188
Department: Support AWIPS