[AWIPS #RXM-953481]: CAVE - NCEP WPC Surface Fronts Analysis question

Hi Pete,

Just a quick update.  Tiffany did a little experimenting with the files you
sent us and some
pqinsert statements.  It appears as though the **first** insert, after the ldm
has restarted
seems to fail, and then all inserts after that work.  Unfortunately, we haven't
really found
the cause of why this happens or how to correct it, but I think you could get
away with inserting
an old piece of data first, after a restart, and then having it resume
real-time data inserts
and that way you wouldn't miss any data.  We were able to get both the
pyaa89.bin and ppaa98.bin
files to ingest once we had first submitted another request.
I know this isn't exactly ideal, but knowing this, maybe you can get your
system working
sufficiently?  I would assume you shouldn't be stopping/restarting your ldm too
often, except
perhaps when you're trying to get a new dataset ingested?
Let me know on Monday if you're able to replicate this behavior and get your
redbook files
ingested properly.
Thanks!

--Shay Carter

AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: RXM-953481
Department: Support AWIPS