[AWIPS #UXT-928462]: Surface Ob question

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the updates. I've only had a little bit of time to do some testing
on this as we are trying to work on building a new build of AWIPS.

Which specific Visual Studio 2015 did you download? There's seems to be many
packages...I've attached the Microsoft Visual programs I have installed. I can
confirm that with the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" solves the
needing "MS Visual C++ 14.0 is required". However now I'm getting an error
stating "error: command 'mt.exe' failed: No such file or directory". I couldn't
locate it anywhere.

Have you re-installed the CAVE msi file after you installed the correct
packages? Can you confirm that gridslice.pyd is installed in $PYTHONHOME/Dlls?
This CAVE software was built before I started working here, so I cannot confirm
if that feature ever worked in Windows. I am fairly confident that this current
issue you are experiencing has to do with python packages, and is not a result
of video card.
Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer