[AWIPS #YBH-568420]: Fwd: Archived data

Hi Sam,

Gotcha, you are wanting students login to a machine on the engin.umich.edu
network first. Have you been working with Frank? He was asking similar
questions about this.

I think you might need a high-end graphics card on the laptop you are running
in order for that to pass through NoMachine (which I doubt most students have).
Unfortunately, my Windows laptop does have the high-end graphics card so I
can't do many tests...).

You said on your Mac that you can run NoMachine and everything displays fine?
What is the graphics driver on your Mac?

Is there a possibility to have a VPN where students can use to "login" to your
engin.umich.edu network, and then run CAVE either locally (Mac) or a Virtual
Machine (Windows - I'm still of the graphics card limitations...)?
Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata