[Egrants #YKH-515631]: Role of SSDs in our new distributed EDEX setup

HI Gyorgyi,

Just wanted to see if you had a chance to read my message from yesterday?
Also, I wanted to clarify,
you would not need to partition the SSD if you also wanted to mount a portion
of the hdf5 directory
(maybe the radar subdirectory as I'd mentioned).  The only thing is that
whatever portions are mounted
on the SSD would still either need to be in their proper directory, or have a
simlink in their proper
spot.  For example /awips2/data_store/ would still need to exist, whether it
was on the spinning disk
or the SSD, and same goes for the hdf5 directories, they would still need to
exist in:
/awips2/edex/data/hdf5/.....
You can also load the OS on the SSD, although that is not necessary (however,
it might help with
performance, I'm not exactly sure).
Hope your week is going well and these emails are helpful.
Thanks.
--Shay Carter

Software Engineer II
UCAR - Unidata