[AWIPS #JMK-755430]: Purging model files on eden-cloud.unidata.edu

Hi Jim,

Thank you for filling out our survey!  We appreciate it, and hope to be able to
implement changes users
would like, as well as provide the best support in the areas of most need.
I'm not personally familiar with smoothers -- is that some type of
functionality that massages/processes
the data to some extent?
For the fields that are missing for the model grids, could you specify a few
(or all) of them so we have
a better idea of the deficiency?

I have never heard of OpenOnDemand, is that some sort of remote accessing
software?  What I found with a
quick google search is an NSF funded project that appears to have something to
do with High Performance
Computing?

As far as the data you're interested in and the length of time, I do think we
might be able to make some
changes to our server that might accommodate you.  Right now, we are currently
in the process of evaluating
and optimizing our EDEX servers, and that will most likely take a little while
to do properly.  After we
have completed that and are satisfied with the results, I would be happy to
come back to your request and
see how everything performs with longer data archives for certain data sets.
Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee we will get to this before the start of the
school year, but we can
definitely keep it higher up on the list and notify you if/when we make
progress on this issue.
Does that sound okay?

Thanks again for your input and your specifics about how you're wanting to use
AWIPS.

--Shay Carter

Software Engineer II
UCAR - Unidata