[AWIPS #HTT-870490]: Crashing when using Warngen

Hi Hugh,

I know this isn't a great answer, but if you try and install CAVE natively on
your Windows machine
using the first set of "Windows" instructions found at:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/
You may get an error or warning that Jep may not install properly (when going
through the Python
installation instructions), but you can ignore that.  You should still be able
to open and run
CAVE directly on your Windows machine.  Using this version I was able to run
WarnGen and did not
seem to have a problem with it freezing or locking up.
However, if Jep fails to install, there are some products which may not render.
 Unfortunately,
I cannot provide you with a list, but if that happens, then you should be able
to render those
products in the VM version of CAVE.

Obviously this is less than ideal, because each of the versions seems to have
at least one
deficiency or bug at the moment.  I apologize for this inconvenience and hope
to address these
issues at some point in the future.
Thank you for your understanding.

--Shay Carter