[AWIPS #ECP-662399]: CAVE is not working remotely

Hi Gyorgyi,

I'm sorry to hear about ssh -X not working well for CAVE.  I have no idea why
it would be
executing a core dump, but I might have a few viable alternatives for you.
Instead of using ssh, one of my colleagues suggested using Nomachine.  It would
have to be
installed on the host machine (the one on campus running CAVE) and on the
client machine
the one the user is using from home (or where-ever they are).  This should
provide much
better performance and allow effective visualization from CAVE.
Another option might be to directly install CAVE on the client machine.  We
offer installers
for all three platforms (Mac, Windows and Centos/Redhat Linux).  Although,
typically CAVE needs
an NVIDIA graphics card to perform the best, which has been known to be an
issue, more often
with Mac machines.
As far as running multiple instances of CAVE on the same machine, I'm not sure
that would be
advisable?
Let me know if any of this helps.
Thanks.