[AWIPS #NXH-679946]: LDM vs pqact question

Hey Peter,

Okay, since you are seeing a file in /awips2/data_store/radar then the
pqact.conf file did
execute it's action.  This is good.  Your pqinsert statement is correct right
now.
But, does this file have a header in it that is "SDUS51 KLWX 120746"? This
header is needed
for edex to process the data, and from your email, it sounds like edex DID NOT
process the
data.
If there is no file in /awips2/edex/data/hdf5/ then edex did NOT process the
file.
Until you see a file in this directory, you will not see anything in CAVE (and
even if you
see a file here, it's not guaranteed to show up in CAVE, but it's a start).

To answer your questions:
1. If it was decoded properly: I'm not exactly sure where you should find it,
but that menu
you mentioned sounds very likely/promising.

2. The file name is determined by the FILE action in the pqact.conf file:

NEXRAD3 ^SDUS[23578]. .... (..)(..)(..).*/p(...)(...)
        FILE    -overwrite -close -edex
        /awips2/data_store/radar/\5_\4_(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1_\2\3

That last line says the file will be in the radar directory under data_store,
and it will be
named using the 5th set of parenthesis followed by an _, followed by the 4th
set and _,
followed by the year, the month, the first set of parenthesis and _, then the
2nd set and
finally the 3rd.
With the pid you passed in we get the following sections:
SDUS51 KLWX (12)(07)(46) /p(123)(456)
So the file should be:
/awips2/data_store/radar/456_123_20200312_0746
And I believe that is exactly the file you get, so it is working correctly!

3. Yes, a space counts as a character.

So, what it sounds like to me, is that you have formatted your pqinsert command
correctly --
congratulations!  But, edex didn't process the data.  To me, it sounds like
there either isn't
a header in the file, or the header doesn't match the format it's expecting
which is:
"^SDUS[234578]. .*"
Meaning, a line must begin with SDUS then have a number followed by a character
(in our case I
said two numbers, but a number is a character, so that works), and then a
space, and then anything.

Let me know what you find out about the header.  Hope this helps clear some
things up.

--Shay Carter

Software Engineer II
UCAR - Unidata