[AWIPS #NXH-679946]: LDM vs pqact question

Hi Peter,

I think during your pqinsert statement you should add:
-p [use the product id from the header] ./sn.kbox
I don't actually think the pqaction was executed based on the insert statement
you included.

The pqaction is going to look at the product id, and since you didn't pass one,
it's going to use
the file name "sn.kbox" as the ID, and that's not going to match.  The header
is important for the
edex distribution file to match, but that step is after the pq action from ldm.

If the insert works correctly and is recognized by the pqact.conf file, then
you should see a file
in /awips2/data_store/radar/.  This is where the pqact.conf file is telling the
ldm to write the
file to.

If edex properly decodes it, then you should see something under the
/awips2/edex/data/hdf5/radar/
directory.

Check before you start this again, and you may not even have a /radar/ file yet
under the /hdf5/
directory or /data_store/ directory.  If you repeat this process but add the -p
with a product name
before the file in the pqinsert statement, then I believe it should work and
you'll see a subdirectory
in the hdf5 path, under /radar/ with an hdf5 file in there. I also think there
will be entries in
the postgres database if it's decoded properly, but the hdf5 file is a little
easier to look for.

As far as documentation about this kind of thing, that's a very good question.
I myself, have yet
to find time to read through our existing documentation, and my predecessor
passed away unexpectedly
before I started working here, so I really don't know if we already have
something out there.
Sorry about that.

Let me know if this helps!

--Shay Carter