[AWIPS #FTX-514016]: Python-awips

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for clarifying what you're trying to do. Unfortunately, I have very
limited experience
with the Data Access Framework (DAF), and our main developer passed away
unexpectedly this summer
before I had the chance to work with him.
I had one more quick question for you, which edex are you using to try and pull
pirep data?
Looking over our documentation, it says our DAF supports pirep, but
unfortunately, when I point
at our edex (edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu), pirep actually isn't listed as a
supported data type.
I used the following simple script to print out the supported data types:

#!/awips2/python/bin/python

from ufpy.dataaccess import DataAccessLayer

DataAccessLayer.changeEDEXHost("edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu")

types = DataAccessLayer.getSupportedDatatypes()
print(types)

I have no idea why this would be the case since our documentation says it
should be supported
from up to 4 years ago.  It does seem that some edex's definitely do support
pirep data,
so if you have access to another edex, that might be an option for you.  I can
ask around a
bit at my work and try to see how/why this functionality was removed and if I
can reverse it.
I'm sorry I don't have great news for you at this time.
--Shay Carter

Software Engineer II
UCAR - Unidata

Ticket ID: FTX-514016