[AWIPS #RGA-719047]: From a non-University entity: Clarifying question regarding need for EDEX and user "awips" to exist as requirements to use CAVE

Peter,

   (I should let you know that my experience comes from a different version
of AWIPS2; the NWS official release. So some changes were made to
the Unidata version that I am not entirely familiar with.)

  For the NWS version of AWIPS2 (EDEX/CAVE), and since version 17 release,
the compatible Redhat release became RH7. It appears Unidata got the
version you are using (AWIPS2 v18) to work/build on RH6 so maybe that isn't
a problem.  Can you attempt to upgrade the RH7? (RH6 is going end-of-life
this year.)

  Can you delete your /home/<username>/caveData folder and try again?

--Evan

Ticket ID: RGA-719047
Department: Support AWIPS