[AWIPS #RAB-671867]: AWIPS II Installation in RHL

Hi Wyatt,

For the manual, I have found the following: the official documentation is
located at:
 https://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/SL.us008001/CU.AWIPS/BK.SCode/
Here you will see a download for version 18.1.1 (this is what Unidata
distributes).
The file you want is OB18.1.1_docs.tgz.  You have to unzip that and you'll see
a folder
called documentation, inside that, there are two things of interest to you.
First is the SSDD_March2018 directory.  This has a ssdd directory inside it and
in there
you'll find html files for the entire AWIPS manual.  I would start at either
the
ssdd.html file found in SSDD_March2018, or
/ssdd/-/wiki/AWIPS-II+SSDD/FrontPage.html.
Once you open the html file (using any browser), you'll have to scroll down
about a quarter
of the way to begin seeing content.
Another file that might be useful is in the documentation directory called:
AWP.DSN.A2.SSDD-06.00.pdf
This is a pdf of the manual, but it is several years old (2015) and might be
out of date.
I could not find a more recent pdf, it seems that they only produce the html
files now.
I hope this is helpful.  If you need any help, let me know.
Thanks.

--Shay Carter

Software Engineer II
UCAR - Unidata