[AWIPS #AEJ-967615]: Problems with data loading on AWIPS II CAVE

Hi Brandon,

I think I have a solution for you!  If you can try and download this zipped
file at:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10mrUQ5jo72C543fqY2t7rbGuXx49n9FH/view?usp=sharing
I had to upload it to my google drive, because it's too large to send in an
email.
Once it's downloaded on your Windows machine, you'll have to unzip it by right
clicking and selected "Extract All".  All the files will get extracted into
their
own folder.
Then you can open VMWare Player and go to Player >> File... >> Open and then
find the
folder that was created when you extracted the zip file.  There should be one
file
in there called CentOS 7 - Unidata CAVE.  Click on that, and you'll see a new
option
available in your VMWare Menu on the right hand side.  Run that, and if it asks
if
you've moved or copied it, say you copied it.
It should run for you.
The user is named awips, and the password is awips.  If you ever need the root
password
that is unidataAWIPS.
There should be a cave application on the desktop that you can just double
click and
run.  It is pointed to the edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu EDEX server.  I tested
it out
by running the precip type map and QG Frontogenesis isobaric layer between
800-750
map.  Everything seemed to be working.
Please let me know how this goes for you.
Good luck!
Thanks.
--Shay Carter

Software Engineer II