[AWIPS #IYL-976290]: AWIPS inquiry from FIU student

Hi Adrian,

>In order to get the experience with the AWIPS workstation, I thought about
>asking about the AWIPS Unidata software. It seems to be a wonderful tool
>for students who would like to taste the forecaster experience. Not
>to mention that it can be used in class and research. Please, I would
>appreciate if I am available to install the software and how.

Are you working on a Linux, Mac, or Windows machine?  The install process
is slightly different for each one, but it is documented on our website at:
unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/
This page will explain how to download and install CAVE, which is the
application that the NWS uses for forecasting.
Please let me know if that helps.
Thanks and good luck!
--Shay Carter

Software Engineer II