[AWIPS #XBA-470351]: Help with AWIPS EDEX data server

Hi there,

I wanted to give a brief update, and ask a few questions.
I was able to get at least one of the test files you sent me to show up in CAVE.
Although, I am not running the Unidata version of CAVE just yet, I will install
and test it on that tomorrow.

A couple questions for you though:
Since you're trying to manually add data, you need to be pointing to your own
instance of EDEX.  Did you know this? This is not Jetstream.
I believe EDEX probably ingested the file properly for you.  You can confirm
this
by looking in the /awips2/edex/data/manual/ directory.  Are there any files in
there currently?
If not, you should be able to drop those files you sent me in that directory.
You do not need to change their name, you can just drop them right in.
You will need ingest process running for EDEX though.  This means that you have
run '/awips2/edex/bin/start.sh ingest' from the command line, and wait for it
to finish setting up.  It took about 7 min on my machine, could be longer on
yours.

If you drop the file in that location and it disappears, this is good, it means
EDEX is ingesting the file. That is what happened for me.

The next step is something I gave you the incorrect information on earlier.
Once CAVE starts up if it offers you the option to point at the EDEX server
you need to point at your local one, or whatever one is running that is linked
to your manual directory.
For me, running EDEX locally, the Location Server looked like:
http://localhost:9581/services
This should match what's in your setup.env file, found in /awips2/edex/bin/,
about halfway through the file there's a comment that says
"moved here from environment.xml
 these values are returned to clients that contact the localization service"
and below that is the HTTP_HOST, HTTP_PORT, and HTTP_SERVER_PATH (localhost,
9581, /services, respectively for me).

If that is all working, then I was able to find the data under the following
menus:
Satellite >> NPP Products >> NUCAPS Sounding Availability
I did have to then change my view from CONUS to North America, because the data
is up north of Canada and Alaska.  But I was able to then view the data.

Of the three file examples you sent me though, I was only able to get
NUCAPS-EDR_v1r0_npp_s201802141146150_e201802141146450_c201802141331570.nc.wmo
to work and show up in CAVE.

I hope some of this information is useful to you.
If the files aren't disappearing from /awips2/edex/data/manual, then it's most
likely because the ingest process isn't running.  If they do disappear, then
CAVE
definitely has to be pointing to whatever instance of EDEX that is to be able
to display the data.  And at this point it seems for some reason, that some of
your
files work, and show up in CAVE, and some don't, which I'm not sure why.

Please let me know if the files are disappearing, if you're able to point at
the
correct instance of EDEX, and if anything shows up in the Satellite >> NPP
Products
>> NUCAPS Sounding Availability menu.

Thanks!

--Shay Carter