[AWIPS #JIW-204507]: LDM data acess and configuration

Ok, first of all you wrote that I will have problem installing EDEX as
> root, but the link http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-edex/
> states that all commands should be run as root, so that´s confusing. But
> anyway, I did the installation again, first with awips account as sudo,
> including the command "sudo ./installEDEX.sh reinstall". When I try to run
> it without sudo I have some issues about permission.

Hi Alexandre,

When installing EDEX and awips2-ldm with the installEDEX.sh script all
permissions are taken care of.  I trust that the awips2-ldm is installed
correctly, but you can check by looking in /awips2/ldm/bin/ and you should
see all but 2 files owned by user 'awips' with those two owned by 'root'.

Anyways, the awips2-ldm works just like a regular LDM install, you will
only need to change the upstream LDM host from idd.unidata.ucar.edu to the
local machine you have access to.

Ticket ID: JIW-204507
Department: Support AWIPS