[AWIPS #EVC-965646]: Yum - python error

> Good afternoon,
>
> We here at UMD are trying to install the AWIPS2 server on a CentOS7 machine.
> There was something wrong with the operation of the EDEX server causing it to
> not run after a fresh install, so I went to uninstall everything and start
> from scratch with ‘yum groupremove’ …, but then realized that yum wasn’t
> working properly.
>
> I eventually tracked the reason down to the fact that the AWIPS install
> somehow changes the python path to only look in /awips2/python/lib and makes
> all of the system python modules unavailable. Is this the correct behavior or
> is there something specific to this machine that is causing problems? A clean
> install of CentOS 7 with just running ./installEDEX.sh causes this to happen.
>
> Please let me know if you have any suggestions and thanks in advance!

Hi Cory,

Sorry to hear you encountered this problem.  This fix is to reset
LD_LIBRARY_PATH as root:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/lib64:/lib64

and then run the yum command again.

I'll make a note to incorporate this envar into the next EDEX release.

-Michael

Ticket ID: EVC-965646
Department: Support AWIPS