[AWIPS #QBU-758576]: QPID error question

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I recently installed AWIPSII version 16.1.5, upgrading from 14.2.1 and
> running installEDEX.sh and installCAVE.sh to do a clean install vs. using
> yum commands.  Everything went ok with the install.  All data is coming
> into ldm just fine and going to /data_store.  However, I am running into
> a problem with QPID.  I'm getting this error message.
>
> edexBridge[31627] ERROR: Desired mechanism(s) not valid: PLAIN (supported:
> ANONYMOUS)
> (/var/tmp/awips2-qpid-lib-0.32-0.32-root-mjames/qpid-cpp-0.32/src/qpid/client/ConnectionHandler.cpp:260)
>
> This won't allow EDEX to read the messages from QPID to grab the data
> from /data_store.

Hi Mark,

This is a new one for me. I can find references for similar problems with Qpid
online, but this is the first time I've heard of this happening with AWIPS
Qpid, which makes me suspect the issue is a system setting and not software
configuration.

First guess: is SElinux enabled or disabled? I know that having SElinux enabled
will prevent Qpid from reading files. You can check if this is the case with
the command

sestatus

If selinux is NOT disabled, you'll need to disable it and restart your system
(edit /etc/selinux/config)

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO