[AWIPS #BHK-854545]: Can CAVE 16.1.5 pull data from a 15.1.1 EDEX server?

> I've got CAVE 16.1.5 installed on several of our machines and it is working
> well (although quite slow) with the Unidata Cloud EDEX server.
>
> However, I tried configuring to pull data from the EDEX server here on site
> in ssec, which apparently is still running 15.1.1, and I get the following
> error:
>
> Unable to verify localization preferences, please enter valid options or quit
> the application.
>
> Any idea if this is because of the version mismatch

Yes, 16.1.5 clients are not compatible with clients 15.1 and older, this is an
unfortunate consequence of updates made to the client-server communication
architecture.   I encourage you to update the older clients.  Bundles and
custom files are preserved, performance is always improving, and more data
products and plugins are available.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO