[AWIPS #JVY-788354]: CAVE doesn't load model data

Hi Chris,

It's difficult to diagnose this with the information given.  Is this occurring
after updating?  If so then there may be a conflict with files that already
exist in ~/caveData (just a guess).  Can you remove ~/caveData and reconnect to
confirm that the problem persists?

If so, it would be good to tail the request log in a terminal (with the command
"edex log request") and then start CAVE again and select the Models menu and
see if it loads. It's also a good idea to check the log file
/awips2/data/pg_log/postgresql-Friday.log for errors.

I know that the Volume Browser "Volume" menu takes some time to populate.  If
you select it once and then leave the window open, does it ever show green
squares next to model names to indicate availability?

> Hi, I've been putting our CAVE installation through its paces and the
> client doesn't seem to be able to find/load any model grids.  I've tried
> through the volume browser (does not show any grids to select) as well as
> the Models menu directly (nothing happens).  I've attached screen shots of
> both.  Checked our EDEX server and all of the model data are there.  I
> thought it might be an internal network issue but other products
> (satellite, radar, etc...) load.  Ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> --
>
> Dr. Christopher C. Hennon