[AWIPS #RIJ-625243]: CAVE Client does not display images properly

> Thank you for your reply. This ticket can now be closed. The issue with
> images in the CAVE client turned out to be a video card driver issue. The
> default Cenots6 drivers were not getting along with my video card and
> causing the issue. When I downloaded and installed the correct NVIDIA
> drivers the problem resolved itself.

This is very valuable information, thanks for letting me know.

> While I have someone's attention, I have an additional question. For data
> delivery via LDM, is the full LDM software installed with the A2 edex
> distribution, or do I need to download and install LDM capability on my
> server separately

The LDM is installed as part of AWIPS II EDEX, the RPM package name is
"awips2-ldm".  No, you don't need to install the LDM from source separately.

> I only ask cause I see that ldmadmin is running on the edex server, but
> there is not data flowing into the system.

This may be due to your IP address not resolving to an allowed name.  We have
allows for .edu and .gov addresses, so you should be able to request from
idd.unidata.ucar.edu if you're in a WFO, but to be sure, let me know what your
EDEX server IP address is and I'll see if it resolves to an allow with our IDD
cluster.

Though this could be a local firewall issue, since LDM needs ports 388 open to
request/receive data.

Ticket ID: RIJ-625243
Department: Support AWIPS