[AWIPS #HXB-891629]: Hiding/Removing Menus and Menu Items

> Greetings,
>
> I'm looking to find out how to hide or remove menu items from the main bar in
> CAVE/D2D. For example, remove the "local" and  "MRMS" items from the top menu
> bar.
>
> I've managed to figure out how to modify the XML files to change text/add
> menu items, etc, but can't seem to find anything about disabling menus. Any
> info would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Kelton Halbert.

Hi Kelton,

Here are the instructions for removing the MRMS and Local menus in D2D:

* start CAVE and switch to the Localization Perspective
* expand CAVE > Menus > mrms > index.xml
* right-click BASE and select Copy To..., then select USER level
* right-click refresh the "mrms" entry
* double click USER to open the editor and change

<menuContributionFile>
        <include installTo="menu:mrms?after=MRMS_MENU_START"
                         fileName="menus/mrms/mrms.xml">
        </include>
</menuContributionFile>

<menuContributionFile>
</menuContributionFile>

With this you can restart CAVE and will not see the MRMS menu at top.

A similar edit can be made for CAVE > Menus > local > index.xml

Ticket ID: HXB-891629
Department: Support AWIPS