[AWIPS #NTZ-805469]: Data Disk Completely full!

Hi Bob,

I have experienced something similar on a cloud instance, and discovered this
week that when the disk was full, each EDEX plugin's purge status was flagged
in postgres which *prevented* scouring, which is exactly what we do not want to
happen.  I'm working on a fix and have added a reset option to the edex
sservice manager (something like "edex purge reset" run automatically every so
often).

I would check the size of /awips2/edex/data/hdf5/ and manually remove some of
the larger directories and files which are old.

You can run this to check for the oldest files in hdf5/

find /awips2/edex/data/hdf5/ -type f -printf '%T+ %p\n' | sort | head -10

See anything extremely old?

> Hi Michael,
>
> As you know, I recently installed the AWIPS2 software, it
> seemed to be running just fine, but last night the data disk
> filled up:
>
> # df -h /awips2/

> /dev/mapper/vg_flurry-LogVol06
>
> 566G  566G   36K 100% /awips2
>

> There was actually 20K free but then /etc/cron.daily/pypiesLogCleanup.sh
>
> ran, which freed up an additional 16K.
>

> As you know this time I installed it on a ZFS file system. I'm not seeing
> the
>
> error messages about the directory index being full, but nearly all
> the inodes
>
> are consumed:
>

> # df -hi /awips2/
>
> Filesystem           Inodes IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
>
> /dev/mapper/vg_flurry-LogVol06
>
> 12M   12M   188  100% /awips2
>

> I can't find it now, but I seem to recall the /awips2 disk was recommend to
>
> be 500Gb -- as you can see ours is 566Gb, am I remembering incorrectly?
>

> Is there some data cleanup/garbage collection which is not running
>
> which will keep the data at a manageable level?
>

> I notice there are new updates for several components of the AWIPS2
>
> repository, but I'm sure I don't have space on the disk to install.
>

> What can I do to clean up the disk? Any other suggestions?
>

> Thanks.
>

> -- Bob

Ticket ID: NTZ-805469
Department: Support AWIPS