[AWIPS #FDH-124056]: Installation error

> Hi Michael,
>
> I sent the message below on 16 June and hadn't heard back from you.
>
> I figured as it is summer perhaps you were on vacation.
>
> I also wanted to report that while most of the /etc/profile.d initialization
> scripts distributed in the most recent package update removed the
> extraneous return, three did not:
>
> /etc/profile.d/awips2Notification.csh
> /etc/profile.d/awips2PSQL.csh
> /etc/profile.d/awips2Python.csh
>
> Is there anything you require from me?

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the note about the profile.d scripts.  I'm close to releasing
14.4.1 and this will be addressed in that release.

As for your previous message, I replied back to you on June 18 about the
ldconfig messages:

If you are referring to the messages

/sbin/ldconfig: /awips2/python/lib/libhdf5_hl.so.6 is not a symbolic link

/sbin/ldconfig: /awips2/python/lib/libhdf5.so.6 is not a symbolic link

these are not actually error messages, just warning when ldconfig is run,
and can be safely ignored. It appears that the packages updated as they
should.

I thought that the regex error in edex setup was resolved with the update to
awips2-edex-upc-14.2.1-6 but your message shows that the package being
installed is  awips2-edex-upc-14.2.1-4.x86_64.

If 14.2.1-4 is still installed, you can force an update with the commands (as
root)

yum clean all
yum groupupdate awips2-server

You should then see the prompt to install the latest awips2-edex-upc RPM, which
has an updated IP address configuration and will no longer throw the error that
you are seeing.

You can also manually update the script /awips2/tools/bin/edex to the latest
(exactly the same as in awips2-edex-upc-14.2.1-6)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Unidata/awips2/upc_14.2.1/rpms/awips2.upc/Installer.edex-upc/edex

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO