[AWIPS #AJK-695839]: Error Setting Up Alert Server on client

> Hello,
>
> I'm receiving an error upon starting up CAVE on a workstation. The error is
> "error setting up alert server' Reason: error setting up alert server. As a
> result AlertVis does not start and I receive no messages/notifications.
>
> Brian Bernard

Hi Brian,

Is this a new problem you're experiencing after running CAVE for some time, or
are you trying to run CAVE for the first time and seeing this?

Generally most CAVE errors can be solved by removing the ~/caveData/ directory
and starting /awips2/cave/cave.sh again, but in this case I'm not sure because
that error message doesn't tell me much.  Are you able to see the Connectivity
Preferences dialog and validate connecting to an EDEX server?

Ticket ID: AJK-695839
Department: Support AWIPS