[AWIPS #AVJ-371575]: edexBridge cannot connect to the remote EDEX instance

> I was having some trouble with the gribRequest process shutting down after
> 5 or 10 minutes of running, it gives a SIGSEV error in the log.
>
> So I tried to reinstall everything fresh. The install script had a problem
> installing the LDM:
>
> Installing : awips2-ldm-6.12.6-1.noarch
> 32/77Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package
> awips2-ldm-6.12.6-1.noarch
>
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.iNHnRR: line 33: cd: /usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.12.6/src: No
> such file or directory
> warning: %post(awips2-ldm-6.12.6-1.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

This morning I rolled back to awips2-ldm-6.11, so I suggest you uninstall and
resinstall the old version with the commands:

yum remove awips2-ldm
yum clean all
yum install awips2-ldm

> This time it worked, but now edexBridge is telling me:
>
> Apr  2 16:05:02 waterspout edexBridge[14336] ERROR: Desired mechanism(s)
> not valid: ANONYMOUS (supported: AMQPLAIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5)
> (qpid/client/ConnectionHandler.cpp:256)
> Apr  2 16:05:02 waterspout edexBridge[14336] NOTE: Cleaning up
> Apr  2 16:05:02 waterspout edexBridge[14336] ERROR: Could not connect to
> the remote EDEX instance.  64731 messages waiting to be sent.  Will try
> again in 1 second.

I think the 64731 messages waiting to be sent are due to edexBridge not being
built and installed correctly because of the above problem.  You should check
that edexBridge is running after you revert back to the older LDM:

ps aux |grep edexBridge

As for why gribRequest is shutting down, I can't say without seeing the log
file, but I do know that the CMC grib files have caused the GribIngest JVM to
crash in the past, and it's best to comment out that feed in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
if it's not commented out already.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, Colorado