[AWIPS #KFJ-816801]: Dataserver Not Responding - CAVE install for AWIPSII

Hi Steve,

I'm forwarding you the notice I sent to our AWIPS II mailing list about how our
Azure cloud server service has been stopped.  You will need to install your own
EDEX server for the time being.

Hello AWIPS II users,

Many of you know that Unidata has offered an EDEX server in the cloud
(edex-azure.unidata.ucar.edu) for 14.2.1 beta testers.  This server was funded
by a short Microsoft grant, a situation that allowed us to offer live data to
our users and evaluate the performance a system at this scale.

I'm sorry to announce that the Azure cloud server will shut down tonight,
February 10, until further notice.

We are discussing alternative ways to provide a testing server to AWIPS II
users, but until the next step is determined, sites will have to install and
configure their own EDEX servers and direct their CAVE clients locally.

Thank you for your participation and continued interest in AWIPS II.  One last
bit of news is that  14.4.1 is being prepared for release in the coming months.
 A release notice will be posted to this list when it is available.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

> Upon installing CAVE for AWIPSII - I am following the installation guide
> and have not been able to successfully validate communication with the
> edex-azure.unidata.ucar.edu server - Attached is a screenshot of the
> error I am getting.
>
> Is the server down for maintenance, or is there another URL that I should
> enter in an attempt to validate the data?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steve Hallett

Ticket ID: KFJ-816801
Department: Support AWIPS