[AWIPS #OPQ-771501]: Can't ping or connect to edex-azure.unidata.ucar.edu

> 1.  Is the difference between the UNIDATA and NWS CAVE clients in some EDEX
> configuration files or have you baked in some code?  If the differences are
> in one or two files, would you mind sharing which files those are?  I would
> grab a copy of the UNIDATA A2 and diff the differences.

There are substantial differences between NWS 14.2.1 and Unidata 14.2.1, but I
believe that a NWS 14.2.1 client can connect to a Unidata 14.2.1 server, though
I would expect errors when D2D and NCP try to build a resource inventory.

After 14.2.1, Raytheon changed the thrift serialization connection between
client and server, preventing a client newer than 14.2.1 from connecting to a
14.2.1 (or older) server.    So if you want to connect to the EDEX Azure
server, you should use 14.2.1, and if you want a smooth user experience,
connect with Unidata 14.2.1.

> 2. I have about 5 days of ldm queue data on a 500KB queue.  Should I attach
> the data and graph to an email, and send it to you at address@hidden, or
> somewhere else.

You can send it to my address as address@hidden.  Can you remind me what the
data and graph are for?