[AWIPS #QGU-820428]: LDM won't connect to edexBridge

Hi Art,

This error is actually edexBridge failing to connect to EDEX/Qpid.  Can you
confirm that EDEX services are all running?

Something I've noticed on long-running EDEX servers which are stopped and then
started again, is the Qpid queue is so large it prevents EDEX ingest from
connecting.  The workaround is to rm -rf /awips2/qpid/messageStore/edex and
then restart services.

-Michael

> Michael,
>
> I'm having trouble getting the LDM to connect to edexBridge. This happened
> before and I was able to fix it
> by just restarting the LDM, but now it doesn't. I've restarted edex and the
> LDM and am still getting messages
> in the LDM log like:
>
> Jan 16 14:45:48 edex edexBridge[10946] ERROR: Failed to connect (reconnect
> disabled)
> Jan 16 14:45:48 edex edexBridge[10946] ERROR: Could not connect to the remote
> EDEX instance. 1235 messages waiting to be sent. Will try again in 1 second.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks... Art
>
> --
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email: address@hidden, phone: 814-863-1563

Ticket ID: QGU-820428
Department: Support AWIPS