[AWIPS #KLE-673390]: EDEX Latency Issues

The default purge rules for any product not specified in a decoder purge file
is taken from

/awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/purge/defaultPurgeRules.xml

You will need to add a purge rule to the file

/awips2/edex/data/utility/common_static/base/purge/satellitePurgeRules.xml

and restart EDEX for it to take effect.  The syntax should be

<rule>
        <keyValue>CONUS</keyValue>
        <keyValue>DHR</keyValue>
        <versionsToKeep>60</versionsToKeep>
</rule>

Notice at the top of that file,
<key>sectorID</key>
<key>physicalElement</key>

SectorID for all Unidata FNEXRAD composites is "CONUS" and the physicalElement
key must match what is in

https://github.com/Unidata/awips2/blob/upc/edexOsgi/com.raytheon.edex.plugin.satellite/res/scripts/physicalElements.sql

In the case of FNEXRAD products it's simply the product identifier (DHR, DVL,
HHC, etc)

By the way, I'll add these purge rules by default.  How many frames back is
ideal for you?

-Michael

> Thank you. I will make the changes.
>
> I was surprised myself. I mean it hasn't always been that way. On earlier
> releases, I didn't encounter this type of issue, or not at least to this
> degree.
>
> BTW, do you know how to change the purge for the radar composites (DHR)? It
> doesn't appear to be under radar or satellite purge rules.
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > After I left it run most of the day, it actually went up to like 10,000
> > > second latency.
> >

> > Yikes.  That's bad.  I'm seeing error with the ACARS decoder so I've
> > commented out the ACARS entry in pqact.conf
> >
> > ANY    ^(IUA[^XK]0[12]) (....) (..)(..)(..)
> >        FILE    -overwrite -close -edex
> > /awips2/data_store/acars/acars_raw_decrypted/\1_\2_\3\4\5_(seq).bufr.%Y%m%d%H
> >
> > I suggest you do the same and restart.  You may have to turn off live
> > ingest to let EDEX catch up, or shut down EDEX services and remove
> > /awips2/qpid/messageStore/ and restart.
> >
> > with your system specs I'm surprised you're seeing latencies growing like
> > this.  I see some delay on my two servers but nothing that can't be caught
> > up with.
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: KLE-673390
> > Department: Support AWIPS