[AWIPS #KLE-673390]: EDEX Latency Issues

> Michael -
>
> I recently updated to the latest version of awips2-server and noticed that
> the server has issues with latency really quickly. I installed and removed
> it a few times to make sure there wasn't any previous settings impacting
> it, but ended up with the same results. After running the edex server for
> about 15 minutes, I already had a lag of over 200 seconds and it never went
> down -- only up.
>
> The running version I have running is totally untouched.
>
> Regards,
> Justin B.

Thanks for letting me know.  The default LDM pattern actions were updated for
the latest release, but I actually *removed* more products than were added, so
this is a bit of a mystery. I started a fresh install this morning and watched
latencies grow to about 100 seconds and then the system caught up and latencies
dropped to near zero.

How much RAM on your system, and are you using a solid state drive?

Ticket ID: KLE-673390
Department: Support AWIPS