[AWIPS #IHP-224114]: AWIPS II Mailing List

> I was wondering if I'm actually on the AWIPS II mailing list...
>
> Ive sent two requests to address@hidden and have
> not seen any confirmation or any email traffic from the list.
>
> Is this list active at all?

Hi Chris,

I did not receive an email notification of your request to join, and I do not
see any pending requests in the mailing list manager, so I'm not sure what
happened.

I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused.  I'm going to check with our mail
server folks in case something has happened to pending requests.

Still, I manually added your email address to the list so you should receive a
notification email soon if not already.

> I'm a "home" user and for AWIPS II, it is my understanding that I can
> NOT simply install CAVE and have it work very well (tried and it was
> slow/missing tons of data), I need to host my own EDEX and LDM server,
> etc?
>
> Ive got as far as installing EDEX and LDM successfully but have had
> errors getting LDM to pull down from the "upstream server".

If you are running EDEX and LDM from your home, you will not be able to request
a live data feed directory from Unidata servers - we only provide that for .edu
locations.  It will be up to you to find another source to feed from.

Michael

Ticket ID: IHP-224114
Department: Support AWIPS