[AWIPS #TJK-987940]: Support for CentOS 7

> I tried to do an EDEX install with the latest CentOS 7 but ran into these
> dependency issues...

> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: awips2-httpd-pypies-2.2.15-15.4.el6.x86_64 (awips2repo)
> Requires: libpcre.so.0()(64bit)
> Error: Package: awips2-ldm-6.11.5-12.noarch (awips2repo)
> Requires: compat-gcc-34-g77
> You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
> You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>
> Is this something that is fixable or do I need to revert back to an older
> version of CentOS?  What is the latest version of CentOS that is currently
> supported for AIWPS2 software?  Do you have an estimate of when CentOS 7
> will be supported?

Hi Carl,

I do not have a CentOS 7 machine so I can't be of much help other than saying
it's not supported.  We support RHEL/CentOS 6 only at the moment, and I don't
know when I will have support for 7.

The compat-gcc-34-g77 requirement would need to be updated for the LDM RPM
build, but I would think installing the AWIPS II group(s) with --nodeps or
--force will get you there, or close, but I'm speculating since I can't check
for myself.

Michael

Ticket ID: TJK-987940
Department: Support AWIPS