[AWIPS #WWB-748219]: AWIPS II beta

> Hi,
Hi Mark,

> Frequentis is a provider of message switching and OPMET data processing
> for the aviation community.
>
> We currently use GEMPAK and would like to migrate to AWIPS II.
>
> We are not a University, however I am wondering if we will be able to
> use AWIPS II in the future.

We will be making AWIPS2 available to our user community once it is stable.

There are not restrictions on use, so you will be able to download the source
from us after registering with our site. This is a complex piece of software
and has (currently) some hard requirements on hardware.

AWIPS2 requires (currently) the EDEX server as well as the CAVE (viz
environment).

Sooo, once it is ready for use, we will make it available...but there are
caveats!

Keep in mind, there were/are no requirements other than those dictated by the
national centers, and that assumption
of no commercial network access raises security concerns.

We hope to have something out mid 2014, but the schedule is not dictated by
us...NCEP and Raytheon are driving this boat!

> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> Mark Hughes
> Frequentis California, Inc