[NOAAPORT #VHS-648329]: noaaport ingest

Hi Randy,

re:
> are there any negative consequences (bandwidth limitations?) from requesting
> the data
> directly from noaapnew (9 year old machine).

There shouldn't be any problems in overloading the 9 year old machine UNLESS it
is marginal now.  As far as bandwidth limitations, I can't say since I don't
know anything about the available bandwidth to/from noaapnew.  If this is
a limited pipe, then there could be implications since adding an additional
downstream machine will increase the bandwidth used by the same amount
already being used by the first machine, noaapxcd.

re:
> Will it have any impact on our noaapxcd
> machine which is requesting the data and serving it up via adde to our other
> machines?

No, there should not be ASSUMING, of course, that all of the data being
REQUESTed by noaapxcd from noaapnew continues to make it to noaapxcd.  This
comes back to there being sufficient bandwidth in the network connection
to/from noaapnew.

re:
> thanks for the links. I will forward this to our awips guys.

There are a lot of other documents in the AWIPS-II portion of our website.
Please remind your AWIPS guys to take a look at those as well.

Ticket ID: VHS-648329
Department: Support NOAAPORT