Digital Library Record Generation and Harvesting
Digital Library Record Generation with the DLwriter Service
DLwriter service must be enabled in the threddsConfig.xml configuration
file before it can be used. This is done by adding the following lines:
configuration must be done before the DLwriter can be used on
remote catalogs. This requires the addition of an allowRemote element:
DLwriter service generates digital library records for each dataset in
a given catalog. The following parameters can be used:
- the URL of the target catalog (relative to the request URL or absolute [if enabled with allowRemote as above])
- "type" - the value must be either "DIF" or "ADN"
- Default catalog is /thredds/idd/models.xml
The digital library records are written to
Digial Library Harvesting
Install the DLESE OAI Provider
- Follow these instructions for installing: http://www.dlese.org/dds/services/joai_software.jsp.
Current version is 3.10 as of this writing.
- You can use the Tomcat manager to upload the war file and install on your server.
- The OAI manager will be at http://server:8080/oai/ (see motherlode example). Follow the documentation
- Repository name:
- format: dif and adn
- Install the DLESE OAI Provider. We will provide a special version, already configured for use with the TDS.
- changed updateFrequency in web.xml to 1440 (1 day). 0 = off.
- The OAI URL will be http://servername:port/oai/provider
This document is maintained by Unidata and was
last updated February 2009. Send comments to THREDDS