11.9 The NetCDF Example Data Sets
Examples that are part of the distribution produce some simple
- Examples write or read one
of three example data sets: simple_xy.nc, sfc_pres_temp.nc, or pres_temp_4D.nc.
- For simplicity, example data sets do not follow some best practices
for data providers (covered later in the workshop).
- The examples represent good error handling for netCDF APIs; all
return codes are checked.
- Example programs that are part of the distribution are built and run
as part of testing.
- The current examples are ordered by increasing complexity, to aid
in understanding the netCDF data model and associated APIs:
- simple_xy.nc: a simple array
- sfc_pres_temp.nc: an example with multiple variables sharing a
- pres_temp_4D.nc: a 4D example using an unlimited (record)
dimension that accesses data one slice at a time