Things to remember about netCDF best practices.
"Creating a great data set can be a life’s work",
Mark Parsons (NSIDC)
- Use published conventions.
- Specify coordinate systems completely.
- Use netCDF variables appropriately.
- Know when to use attributes versus variables.
- Use existing conventions for dates and time.
- Follow best practice recommendations for packing data.
- Use conventions for missing data and fill values.
- Consider participating in conventions development.
Covering this subject comprehensively requires more than a brief workshop
session. For more details, please see the web document Writing NetCDF Files: Best Practices.