10.7 The Ruby API
The Ruby API for netCDF was contributed as part
of the Dennou Ruby Project
providing software for data analyses, visualization, and numerical
simulations for geophysical studies.
provides all the functionality of the netCDF-3 C library, including
client access to remote data through the DAP protocols
- Very concise: a small program can copy a netCDF-3 file using
- Makes available combination functions such as iterators (which offer abstract
ways to scan files and variables)
- Supports efficient multidimensional numeric arrays with the
NArray library, the de facto Ruby standard
- Handles packed data specified by scale_factor and add_offset
- Array index order is column-major (fastest varying dimension
first, as in Fortran), but array indices start at 0.