4.4.0 Plugin Manager
We're going to look at how to install and manage IDV plugins, a much easier way of
sharing IDV configurations.
- Bring up the Plugin Manager with the menu.
- Note the "Workshop IDV" plugin. Click on its button to view the contents.
- Let's install some of these plugins
- Under "Displays" install the "User Interface Skins" plugin.
- Under "Color Tables" install the GEMPAK color tables.
- View the contents of the GEMPAK color tables. Find the gempak.rbi in the list and view its contents
by clicking on its button.
- Shut down the IDV and restart.
- Go to the
New Windows tab under
Quicklinks. Note the new windows. These came from the skins plugin.
- Delete the User Interface Skins plugin.
- The IDV has some support for multiple languages.
- In the Plugin Manager, click File > Install Plugin From URL, enter the
Spanish plugin url
or French plugin url
or Chinese plugin url
- Exit and restart the IDV.
- Exit and restart the IDV with the
- Uninstall the Language Pack plugin
- We also have a simple IDV.
- Under "Customized IDVs" install the "Simple IDV"
- Exit, restart and note the changes.
In the next section, we will learn how to turn the resources you have created into a plugin.