2.1 An Animation Loop of NWS WSR-88D Level III Radar Imagery
This section describes how to make a display using Level III radar data.
The steps include:
2.1.0 Choosing Radar Image Data from a Remote Server
In the Dashboard window select the Data Chooser tab.
From here select the Radar tab to view the Level III Radar Chooser:
- Choose an ADDE and a to use:
Try Server: adde.ucar.edu and Dataset: RTNEXRAD.
- Press to query the server for available radars types:
- The map shows radar station locations and IDs. Select one by clicking on it.
The Declutter check box allows you to show all stations (not
checked), or only a limited number of stations that do not overlap
each other (checked). You will need to zoom in to see all the stations
- For the Radar Data Type of data from this radar, select a radar
product, such as Base Reflectivity Tilt 1, from the pull-down
- Either, choose a relative set of times steps (e.g., Last 5 times):
- Or, choose a set of absolute times:
absolute times for the first time the IDV needs to query the ADDE server
for the times. This may take some time. To select more than one time
use Control-Click or Shift-Click.
- When done, load the selected radar data with the button.
|If the button is selected then a radar display will automatically be created|
2.1.1 Selecting the Radar display to be made
The radar data source that you selected will be shown in the
Field Selector window.
If you checked off the button or if you want to create another radar display
click "Image Sequence" in the Field panel and
click on "Image display" in the Displays panel.
Make the display by clicking on Create Display.
You can add
Radar Range Rings
to the display.
To control time animation use the
Time Animation Widget.
Click to launch via webstart