How to Ingest and Display Point Observation Data and Products into the IDV
- The IDV includes the catalog data chooser/dashboard (shown below) with the application.
- Many common datasets from a variety of sources are "hardcoded" in the application. You can use these, or define your own.
- METAR's and Wind Profiler files are supported for remote access.
- The example below illustrates REMOTE access to an ADDE server maintained by Unidata/UCAR.
- Note the "Point" and "Profiler" tabs are selected on the left navigation bar of the Data Chooser.
Click to enlarge examples:
- The IDV can also access LOCAL files via the data chooser/dashboard (shown below).
- Note the "Files" tab is selected on the left navigation bar of the Data Chooser.
- METAR files are supported for local access.
Click to enlarge example: