Shown here are plots for Base Reflectivity (N0Q, 94) and Base Velocity (N0U, 99) using AWIPS data rendered with Matplotlib, Cartopy, and MetPy. This example improves upon existing Level 3 Python rendering by doing the following:
- Display scaled and labeled colorbar below each figure.
- Plot radar radial images as coordinate maps in Cartopy and label with lat/lon.
- 8 bit Z and V colormap and data scaling added to MetPy from operational AWIPS.
- Level 3 data are retrieved from the Unidata EDEX Cloud
- Raw HDF5 byte data are converted to product values.