[UDUNITS #ELF-296128]: problem running make install with udunits-2.1.22

Lucy,

> I specifically downloaded the udunits-2.1.22 from
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/udunits
> and was working with it separately.
>
> I have seen it in various netcdf collections but was trying to
> install it separately.

You need to configure the UDUNITS-2 package so that it uses the same top-level
installation directory as the installed netCDF package. You do this via the
"--prefix=" option of the configure(1) script. In your case, the command should
be "./configure --prefix=/usr/local" (I think the netCDF package uses
"/usr/local" as the installation directory). Otherwise, the UDUNITS-2 package
will try to install itself using the parent directory as the installation
directory.

> Lucy Carruthers

Regards,
Steve Emmerson