[UDUNITS #FQI-238313]: HQH-143932: CDFconvert Configuration: problem with udunits2

Milka,

> During the installation of udunits-1.12.9:
> after "make install" > we get the error from cfortran.h ligne 133 (see below)
> What this message means?
>
> /* Split #if into 2 because some HP-UX can't handle long #if */
> #if
> !(defined(NAGf90Fortran)||defined(f2cFortran)||defined(hpuxFortran)||defined(apolloFortran)||def
> ined(sunFortran)||defined(IBMR2Fortran)||defined(CRAYFortran))
> #if
> !(defined(mipsFortran)||defined(DECFortran)||defined(vmsFortran)||defined(CONVEXFortran)||define
> d(PowerStationFortran)||defined(AbsoftUNIXFortran)||defined(AbsoftProFortran)||defined(SXFortran))
> /* If your compiler barfs on ' #error', replace # with the trigraph for #
> */
> #error "cfortran.h:  Can't find your environment among:\
> - MIPS cc and f77 2.0. (e.g. Silicon Graphics, DECstations, ...)     \
> - IBM AIX XL C and FORTRAN Compiler/6000 Version 01.01.0000.0000     \
> - VAX   VMS CC 3.1 and FORTRAN 5.4.                                  \
> - Alpha VMS DEC C 1.3 and DEC FORTRAN 6.0.                           \
> - Alpha OSF DEC C and DEC Fortran for OSF/1 AXP Version 1.2          \
> - Apollo DomainOS 10.2 (sys5.3) with f77 10.7 and cc 6.7.            \
> - CRAY                                                               \
> - NEC SX-4 SUPER-UX                                                  \
> - CONVEX                                                             \
> - Sun                                                                \
> - PowerStation Fortran with Visual C++                               \
> - HP9000s300/s700/s800 Latest test with: HP-UX A.08.07 A 9000/730    \
> - LynxOS: cc or gcc with f2c.                                        \
> - VAXUltrix: vcc,cc or gcc with f2c. gcc or cc with f77.             \
> -            f77 with vcc works; but missing link magic for f77 I/O. \
> -            NO fort. None of gcc, cc or vcc generate required names.\
> - f2c    : Use #define    f2cFortran, or cc -Df2cFortran             \
> - NAG f90: Use #define NAGf90Fortran, or cc -DNAGf90Fortran          \
> - Absoft UNIX F77: Use #define AbsoftUNIXFortran or cc -DAbsoftUNIXFortran \
> - Absoft Pro Fortran: Use #define AbsoftProFortran \
> - Portland Group Fortran: Use #define pgiFortran"
> /* Compiler must throw us out at this point! */
> #endif
> #endif

The configure(1) script wasn't told what argument-passing
conventions to use when compiling C functions that are callable
from Fortran routines.  Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source-directory.

    2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS contains the
        string "-Df2cFortran" (or whatever macro definition is
        appropriate for your Fortran compiler), e.g.,

            CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran; export CPPFLAGS

        The set of potential macros can be found in the examples of
        the file INSTALL in the top-level source-directory.

    4.  Execute the "configure" script.  Redirect both the
        standard output and standard error streams to the file
        "configure.log".

    5.  Execute the command "make".  Redirect both the standard
        output and standard error streams to the file "make.log".

    6.  Execute the command "make test".  Redirect both the
        standard output and standard error streams to the file
        "test.log".

    7.  Execute the command "make install".  Redirect both the
        standard output and standard error streams to the file "install.log".

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FQI-238313
Department: Support UDUNITS